London’s pink-haired popstar GIRLI is back with another attitude-packed bop and a half in the form of ‘Day Month Second’.
The euphoric electro-pop track sees a post-breakup GIRLI try to live in the moment and do things that makes her happy, and the messaging is seen throughout the music video for the track too.
In the video, GIRLI is seen striding around London with her mates, as they help her shrug off a breakup and get down to some strong, independent dance moves.
Speaking on the track, GIRLI said:
‘Day Month Second’ is my breakup anthem. It’s about wanting to get over someone so bad but not being able to shake the memory of them and how they messed you around. It’s an angry, sad, but also liberating tune. STRUT DOWN THE STREET TO THIS. DANCE LIKE NO-ONE’S WATCHING. BLOCK THEM & BUY YOURSELF A PIZZA & SCREAM IN THE STREET!
The release of ‘Day Month Second’ follows a recent nationwide tour that can will see GIRLI hit the road across the UK this October, following a select few festival appearances this summer. The full tour dates are below, with tickets available to purchase from DICE or Golden Voice.
- Friday 20th July – Truck Festival, Oxfordshire
- Thursday 26th July – VICE x DORK Festival, Old Blue Last, London
- Thursday 2nd August – Neverworld Festival, Kent
- Saturday 22nd September – MTV Gibraltar Calling, Gibraltar
- Saturday 20th October – The Mash House, Edinburgh (14+)
- Sunday 21st October – Community Room, Brudenell Social Club, Leeds (14+)
- Monday 22nd October – The Castle & Falcon, Birmingham (14+)
- Tuesday 23rd October – Heaven, London (14+)
- Thursday 25th October – Patterns, Brighton (16+)
- Friday 26th October – The Loft, Southampton (14+)